This year’s Champions League is English, since Tottenham and Liverpool have qualified to the final. On Saturday June 1st, Tottenham and Liverpool are going to compete for the first place. The game will be hosted in Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid. Who is going to be this year’s champion? The Reds who if they win, they will celebrate their comeback to the top of Europe or the Spurs, who will surprise us all by achieving something that nobody expected?
- Tottenham vs Liverpool. Last time they played against each other was at the semi-finals of UEFA 1972-1973.
- Liverpool beat Tottenham in 170 games, held in United Kingdom.
- It’s the second time that two English teams play in the final of Champions League. The first time was in 2008, with Manchester United vs Chelsea.
- It’s the fifth time that the final of Champions League is held in Madrid.
- It’s the 21st European final for Liverpool in UEFA.
Tottenham has played against an English team eight times. Specifically, the Reds count eight wins, one tie and three losses. On the other side, Liverpool hasn’t lost by an English team in the last five games. The results were three wins and two ties for the Spurs.